Words. They unveil a smile or shroud an abyss of sadness. They're the ones you have to utter, be it a heavy storm or innocent sunshine clouded by playful clouds. They are friends, and foes, to whomever, dares to live.
That's why Tharique Azeez tangled with them, mesmerising computations of the same bare letters everyone sees. He is a typography artist. He creates and builds bridges, between media environments and people, alike.
Colours and shapes that can convey the unspeakable. Forms that bring into existence the unthinkable. Strokes consolidate the unabridged. He is a visual designer. He conceives beauty from the faintest idea.
- Google Design: The New Wave of Indian Type - Feature
- Emotions in Ezhuthu - The New Indian Express - Feature
- Fonts That Inspire - Humans of Madras - Feature
- AR Rahman - Featured - 2020
- The Hindu newspaper, India - Feature
Workshops & Talks
- Workshop - Multilingual Logo Design (AkuruCon 2021)
- Workshop - Taste of Tamil Letterforms: Drawing Letterforms with confidence (AkuruCon 2021)
- Talk - Drawing Expressive Tamil Letterforms (ColomboType #011, June 2021)
- Workshop - Tamil Lettering (LangFest 2021 by Dakshina Chitra Heritage Museum, India)
- Talk - Introduction to Tamil Type Design (2020, Tamil Internet Society)
- Workshop - Introduction to Font Tools (AkuruCon 2018)
- Talk - The Creative Process (2018, Colombo Design Market / Ladies, Wine & Design)
- TEDx Talk - Ideas Worth Translating by Tharique Azeez (TEDxColombo 2015)